As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the world, FCAA wants to support our community in the ways that will be most helpful and effective.
As one step, FCAA has recently launched a new COVID Relief Learning Group to help connect those of us whose organizations have established relief funds to sustain access to essential support for marginalized communities and protect our courageous workers on the front lines. With a focus on preserving our global progress and support, we hope to learn from each other’s efforts and collectively improve our response by sharing resources and lessons learned. If you are interested in joining this group, or adding your resources and information to these conversations, please contact Sarah Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a collection of resources from organizations that are tracking and compiling information on the philanthropic response to COVID-19.
Below you will find:
- New Funding Emergency Funds
- Philanthropic Resources
- FCAA Member & Partner Responses/Communications
- HIV/AIDS Resources
Questions, or would you like to add resources or examples to this site? Please send to Sarah Hamilton at email@example.com.
This group will connect those of us whose organizations have established relief funds to sustain access to essential support for marginalized communities and protect our courageous workers on the front lines. With a focus on preserving our global progress and support, we hope to learn from each other’s efforts and collectively improve our response by sharing resources and lessons learned.
If you are interested in joining this group, or adding your resources and information to these conversations, please contact Sarah Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Momentum Fund: a new fund being managed by United Philanthropy Forum to support nonprofit organizations managing active COVID-19 relief and recovery funds. The Momentum Fund will be awarding grants of up to $100,000 to 501(c)(3) organizations managing COVID-19 funds that are providing grants to other 501(c)(3) organizations that are meeting the needs of communities and populations whose health and/or financial situations have been most severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and who have been historically marginalized and underserved in our country. Due 18 June.
- ViiV Healthcare: Announces new £3 million global fund to research the impact of COVID-19 on the HIV community and fill gaps in prevention, treatment and care during the pandemic
- AIDSfonds: COVID Response Fund
- This fund has been set up to support existing Aidsfonds grantees and partners with flexible, rapid and short-term funding for activities that mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on people living with or vulnerable to HIV. It will remain open depending on available funding and needs. The fund is € 500.000 euro in total and an application can be € 10.000 max.
- Open Society Foundations: Our emergency response to COVID-19
- Families and Workers Fund: Ford and leading philanthropies launch fund to support low-wage workers hardest hit by COVID-19
- Gilead Sciences: Gilead CARES (COVID-19 Acute Relief and Emergency Support) Grantee Fund
- Elton John AIDS Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Fund
- MAC’s Viva Glam 2020 Campaign Is Dedicating $10 Million to COVID-19 Emergency Relief
- amfAR: amfAR Fund to Fight COVID-19
- Levi Strauss & Co.: LS&Co. Commits $3 Million to COVID-19 Response
- Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS: COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation: Announces $10 mil in new COVID-19 Grantmaking
- California Wellness Foundation: Cal Wellness Commits $4 Million to Combat the COVID-19 Pandemic
- NYC COVID-19 Response & Impact Fund
- Frontline AIDS: Emergency Response Grant
- Emergency Response Grants are designed to help lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people (LGBT) or men who have sex with men (MSM) who are struggling to get urgent access to HIV services.
- United Philanthropy Forum: How Philanthropy Can Respond to COVID-19
- FCAA was proud to sign the: Joint PSO Statement: Keep Equity at the Forefront in Philanthropy’s Response to the Coronavirus
- Council on Foundations: Coronavirus Resource Hub
- Join 285 philanthropic organizations who have signed a pledge of action .
- Candid: Funding Summary for COVID-19
- If you are a part of a foundation that is responding to the COVID-19 outbreak then share your grants data.
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues: COVID-19 LGBTQ Funding Resource Page
- Early Childhood Funders: COVID-19 Resources
- Grantmakers in Health: COVID-19 Resources for Funders
- Communications Network: Communications Network Listserv/Forum
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees: COVID-19 Resources
- Philanthropy New York: COVID-19
- Includes guidance on member activities, resources on disaster relief grantmaking, and guidance on funder practices (and much more)
- Philanthropy Northwest: COVID-19 Resource Hub
- DC Region Sign-On Statement (including Consumer Health Foundation, and others):The COVID-19 Crisis is a Racial Justice Issue & our Response must Prioritize the Power of Black, Indigenous, Latinx & Other People of Color
- Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP): Open Letter to Philanthropy: The Cure to Viral Racism Is Within Our Hands (sign on statement)
- American Jewish World Service: COVID-19 Response
- Aidfonds: Communities First in the Global Response to COVID-19 Response
- ViiV Healthcare: ViiV’s position on COVID-19 outbreak
- The Health Foundation of Greater Indianapolis: COVID-19 Response
- Groundswell Fund: How Groundswell is Adapting to COVID-19 Crisis
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation: Our Pledge to Grantee Partners
- Ford Foundation Message to Grantees
- AIDS United Blog
- UHAI-EASHRI COVID Solidarity Statement
- Firelight Foundation Statement from Executive Director, Nina Blackwell
- Consumer Health Foundation: COVID-19 will not Affect Everyone the Same
- CDC: What to Know about HIV and COVID-19
- amfAR Ending the HIV Epidemic Database
- Now updated with COVID-19 data
- AVERT: COVID-19
- Everything you need to know about COVID-19 and the impact on people living with HIV.
- Boost – a new mobile resource for healthcare workers
- TheBody.com: TheBody Covers: HIV, Coronavirus, and COVID-19
- International AIDS Society: COVID-19 and HIV: What you need to know
- Global Fund: The Global Fund and COVID-19