U.S. National HIV and AIDS Strategy
Within the United States, FCAA works to inform and guide the philanthropic sector to align with and support the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS). In July 2015, the Office of National AIDS Policy announced a new updated vision for the NHAS through 2015. Watch President Obama on the updated strategy here.
In response, FCAA is taking the time to reflect on this updated strategy and consult with our membership to determine a strategy for our sector to help ensure these important goals are reached. Through those efforts we hope to have an updated funder toolkit for you in the coming months.
- Fund programs that support one or more of the three principal goals of the NHAS
- Fund advocacy
- Build capacity of agencies and individuals with demonstrated impact
- Fund research that helps advance the goals of the NHAS
- Assist grantees in navigating sea changes in the field
- Convene and engage other funders
- Participate in public-private partnerships
- Help evaluate progress and impact of the NHAS