Become a Member
The work of FCAA is made possible by foundation and corporate grants, as well as institutional membership contributions.
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Staff, consultants, and trustees of grant making institutions
- Staff/representatives of affinity groups or philanthropy-serving organizations
- Philanthropic consultancy, support, advisory, or hosting organizations
We also encourage grant makers from other areas (e.g. reproductive health, human rights, social justice, LGBTQI issues, etc.) whose work intersects with the myriad issues surrounding HIV and AIDS to join us.
As member-supporters of FCAA, you have the opportunity to meet and learn from your peers. We believe that informing and connecting you with your colleagues will lead to more effective and responsive grant making, and thus, an improved global response. Our impact has been clearly demonstrated — HIV-related philanthropy has grown from just over $200,000 26 years ago to more than $600,000,000 annually today, in part because of FCAA’s work.
Institutional membership in FCAA includes the following benefits, available for an unlimited number of staff:
- Recognition on our website, in annual AIDS Philanthropy Summit materials, in FCAA’s annual report, and in other public membership materials. This provides an opportunity to demonstrate your organization’s commitment to the fight against HIV/AIDS and positions you alongside other leaders in the field.
- Facilitation and advisory support in convening local or regional conversations with other funders.
- Access to staff expertise and technical assistance services.
- Access to responsive programs on emerging issues’ potential impact on grant making.
- Special discounted registration for the FCAA AIDS Philanthropy Summit.
- Priority invitation to networking calls, working groups, panel and online discussions, and receptions/conferences
- As a member of the United Philanthropy Forum, FCAA is able to extend discounts to our members on a number products, subscriptions, and services that benefit the philanthropic field. Review a list of those discounts on the Forum website, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- FCAA members are now eligible to receive a 25% discount to Inside Philanthropy, the leading publication covering foundations and major donors, and pressing issues in philanthropy. Contact Sarah Hamilton at email@example.com to take advantage of this special offer.
Membership also supports FCAA’s comprehensive programming, including our annual resource-tracking publication, virtual and in-person convenings, and the annual AIDS Philanthropy Summit.