Call for Data
Do you fund HIV-related grants? Now is your chance to be a part of a unique and valuable resource, FCAA’s annual report on the landscape of Philanthropic HIV funding, Philanthropic Support to Address HIV and AIDS!
FCAA requests your participation in the annual HIV/AIDS resource tracking project. We are now accepting data on HIV/AIDS-related grants disbursed in calendar year 2021.
Please read our recent announcement on how we’re adjusting the call for data process this year.
Questions? Please contact [email protected] or +1 518-330-6664
Why should I submit?
Understanding the landscape of HIV-related grantmaking is only made possible by receiving annual submissions of data from funders like you. By regularly submitting your data, you contribute to a report that will help funders:
– Identify the gaps in funding and highlight potential areas of impact
– Identify new partners and help leverage and strengthen their own work
– Build support for a new project or issue in an under-resourced country
How do I submit?
Our Grant Submission Portal provides an efficient and secure tool to share your HIV-related grantmaking details with us.
- Go to our Grant Submission Portal: grants.fcaaids.org. Download the template available on the homepage. Fill out the template with any HIV-related grants that were disbursed by your organization in calendar year 2021. The template offers a lot of input options, but prioritize the following categories for each grant, and only complete the rest as you are able:
|Grantee Name||Can be withheld if this information is sensitive|
|Grant Amount||Amount Disbursed in 2021, and currency|
|Region/Country/US State||Area served by grant (not necessarily grantee location)|
|Grant Description||The more info the better! Your grant descriptions are what we use to determine intended use, target population, and general strategy.|
- Return to our Grant Submission Portal. Login for returning users or activate your account by clicking the “Activate Account” link, where you can insert your email address, set a new password, and then upload your template.
- If for any reason we do not have your email address on file, then you will be prompted to create an account and then upload your template, which we assure you will be done in an efficient and secure manner.
- Please send your grants lists by October 15, 2022, or let us know if you need an extension and we are happy to be flexible!
Where does all my data go?
The FCAA resource tracking project consists of three main tools:
- The annual report, Philanthropic Support to Address HIV/AIDS, which captures data on more than 5,000 grants, awarded by 323 foundations in 10 countries. This information helps to identify gaps, trends, and opportunities in HIV-related philanthropy.
- Subsequent analyses—in the form of blogs, infographics, presentations, and articles—that provide a deep dive on funding for a specific issue, population or geography.
- The FCAA members-only Membership and Grants directory – that will
include a searchable, password protected directory, including funder totals, as well as
grant details, including geographic regions, populations of focus, intended use, and
grantee name. Full grant descriptions will not be included within the directory.
Directly submitted and publicly identified data will be used to inform the tools listed above. If you have concerns about grantee safety or your organization’s presence within a particular country, please highlight them accordingly and we will ensure they are anonymous within your grants list.
- Is your grants list in a language other than English?
- Does your grants management system not allow you to provide this information in a simple format?
Please let us know if there is any potential problem in sending a grants list and we can work to find a solution. Please contact [email protected] or +1 518-330-6664
- Read the most recent edition of Philanthropic Support to Address HIV and AIDS